Cognitex Basics Review: Simple Product To Support Brain Health
Cognitex Basics by Life Extension Foundation does not claim to increase your IQ or make you smarter in any way. Rather, it is designed as a supplement that can maintain neural cell function and support overall cognitive health by providing brain cells with essential nutrients. The company also promises that Cognitex Basics’ formula contains two key ingredients that can work effectively to prevent mental deterioration and lower the risk of cognitive decline (i.e. memory loss).
Cognitex Basics’ Manufacturer
As mentioned above, Cognitex Basics is produced by The Life Extension Foundation, which is a non-profit organization that uses its earnings from selling supplements and vitamins to fund scientific research. Their focus is “quality, purity, potency.” While we have only heard positive comments made about the company, we don’t doubt for a second that Cognitex Basics is a great product.
Cognitex Basics Price
Cognitex Basics is available for purchase via SwansonVitamins.com, iHerb.com, Amazon.com, and of course the Life Extension website. The bottle with 60 softgels officially costs $25.65, but you can get it for slightly cheaper by ordering off Amazon.com. The company recommends that we take 2 softgels per day, with or without food. The price for a month’s supply of this product is definitely quite affordable, so no complaints in terms of the product’s cost.
Cognitex Basics Ingredients
There are two main ingredients in Cognitex’ formula – 600 mg of Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline (Alpha GPC) and 100 mg of Phosphatidylserine.
- Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl (Alpha GPC) is a naturally produced compound in our body. It works by supporting the production of acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter that helps to regulate learning abilities, muscle control, sleep, and memory. When one’s brain experiences a decrease in acetylcholine levels, cognitive failure begins to kick in. This is why it’s highly recommend for us to take brain enhancing supplements that work by increasing acetylcholine release in the brain.
- Phosphatidylserine is a compound well-known to the nootropic industry as a memory-protector. It functions on the brain by improving cell-to-cell communication and supporting cell repair, which leads to the prevention of memory loss issues such as dementia or Alzheimer’s. This ingredient is definitely one of our favorites because it has proven to shine through amongst a crowd of potential memory boosting ingredients.
Pro’s and Con’s
- Quite affordable
- May support brain health and prevent memory decline
- The formula is nothing special
- Results from taking the product are difficult to measure
There isn’t anything about Cognitex Basics that we feel the need to complain about. But at the same time, we don’t see any aspects of the product worth boasting. The formula is very simple – each serving contains 600 mg of Alpha GPC and 100 mg of Phosphatidylserine. Which can improve cognitive function and prevent brain decline, respectively. Furthermore, the ingredients chosen were definitely good choices. Nonetheless, it would be more impressive to stack them with other advanced compounds such as Noopept or Vinpocetine. Overall, Cognitex Basics is a good, affordable supplement to take if you are concerned of future cognitive impairment.
Total Score: (3.4 / 5)
Effectiveness: (3.3 / 5)
Ingredients: (3.1 / 5)
Side Effects: (3.5 / 5)
Value for the Money: (3.5 / 5)