Vaxa Attend Review: Going the Homeopathic Route – Yay or Nay?
Our First Impressions
Homeopathy can be applied to folks with ADHD? Well, according to Vaxa that seems to be the case. Homeopathy is a form of medicinal practice that was developed in the 18th century. Although going the homeopathic route has been shown to be beneficial when it comes to treating insomnia, erectile dysfunction and even stomatitis in cats (meow!), can the same concept to applied to people with attention issues? We were just as curious as you are now, so we got straight to our computers and made sure we got all the information necessary to find out what this hocus pocus is all about. Keen to know more about Vaxa Attend? Stay tuned.
Vaxa Attend Ingredients
The formula list is not a short one. Each Vaxa Attend capsule contains the following active ingredients:
Kali Phosphoricum, Lithium Carbonicum 30C; Natrum Muriaticum 12C, 30C; Agaricus Muscarius, Argentum Nitricum, Fluoricum Acidum, Hyoscyamus Niger, Iodum, Kali Bromatum, Humulus Lupulus, Ignatia Amara 9C, 12C, 30C; Valeriana Officinalis 9C; Hypothalamus 12C; Avena Sativa 6C, 12C; Tarentula Hispanica 6C; Cimicifuga Racemosa 4C; Caffeinum 8X, 12X, 30X; Lithium Bromatum 8X; Magnesia Phosphorica, Natrum Phophoricum, Natrum Sulphuricum 6X. In a base of: Medium Chain Triglycerides, Chromium Nicotinate, L-Tyrosine, Alpha-Linolenic Acid, Green Tea Extract, Trifolium Pratense, Flax Seed Powder, Phosphatidycholine, Phosphatidylethanolamine, Phosphatidylinositol, EPA, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Valine, DL-Methionine, L-Glutamic Acid, GABA, DMAE, Ginkgo Biloba, DHA, Conjugated Linoleic Acid, GLA, Eicosatrienoic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Glycine, DL-Phenylalanine, Radix Heraclei.
Let’s go over a few highlights.
- Kali Bromatum: This organic compound has been used to treat depressive symptoms and anxiety. It is believed to be particularly helpful for those who suffer from ADHD because it can help regulate mood and reduce jitters and fidgeting.
- Gotu Kola: This herb works by decreasing blood pressure in the body. It can be used to reduce fatigue and anxiety, which makes it a great compound to treat people with attention disorders. Some even claim that gotu kola increases memory abilities and improves memory recall, although there is very limited research to support this.
- Green Tea Extract: Green tea contains the substance L-Theanine, which has relaxing properties. The L-Theanine in green tea pairs well with its caffeine content to bring a gradual release of energy as opposed to a quick burst (which often leads to hyperactivity).
- GABA, DMAE, 5-HTP, NADH: These work with neurotransmitter release in the brain. 5-HTP, for instance, gets converted to serotonin in the brain, which can increase overall mood and regulate sleeping patterns. Please note that the inclusion of DMAE in supplements has been banned in the U.S., Europe and Australia because of it may lead to cell damage if used for extended periods of time.
“My son (10) has ADHD inattentive. He is not hyperactive, but has a lot of trouble staying on task. We’ve tried some other things and so I thought we could give this a try. We are taking 1 in the AM and 1 in the afternoon.
I am happy to report no adverse side affects besides getting him to swallow the thing:) His grades seem to be improving and I’ve noticed his attitude is slightly improved overall. He just seems in a better mood than before.
I cannot say anything specific the pill has done so I’m trying it for another couple of months to see if the trend continues to improve.”
- Robert W. Morse II
“Be Careful my son has now taken 6 weeks of the Attend 3 a day and his symptoms are WORSE!!!! More hyper. He has only suffered from attention issues and not issues with hyperactivity but the last few weeks he had become hyper and grades have fallen. I think I will go back to nothing he does better on his own. Just be aware of your own childs needs and responses It may work wonderfully for some but does not work for all. Its a game of trial and error and NEVER giving up and always loving your child for who they are!!! I wish you all luck in discovering what works for your child.”
- Martha Angle
Pro’s and Con’s
- Helpful for those interested in homeopathy
- Contains a few good nootropics such as green tea extract
- May work to reduce fatigue and anxiety
- Does not work for everyone
- Formula has not been scientifically proven
- Contains DMAE, a banned substance
Cost and Summary of Vaxa Attend
A bottle with 60 capsules costs around $25 to $27 depending from which site you order. Since the recommended dose is 2 capsules per day, the bottle is worth an entire month’s supply. Parents who have hopelessly been searching for ADHD ‘cures’ have found interest in this product for its homeopathic ways. The reviews online contradict each other – while some parents have been very happy with the results, others are completely disheartened by what the product has done to their child. The price is definitely within regular range so that’s not a huge issue. If you’re concerned with scientific backup then we recommend going with products that include better-known ingredients. Please note that the product also contains DMAE, which has been banned for use in supplements in the U.S., Europe and Australia.
Total Score: (3 / 5)
Effectiveness: (3 / 5)
Ingredients: (3 / 5)
Side Effects: (3 / 5)
Value for the Money: (3 / 5)
Price: $27.27 (as seen on iHerb.com)